oscRFR and EOS Element

Development discussion forum for the App
ZachTheTech

oscRFR and EOS Element

Post by ZachTheTech » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Hello,

I have an EOS Element board v2.1.2 and the oscRFR iphone app and I'm struggling to get them to connect. Let me ask first, Does the oscRFR app work with the element board? I've been doing research but I'm not having any luck. I'd say I'm a inexperienced when it comes to networking and IP addessess', but I have somewhat of an idea and can catch on quick with some guidance. Does anyone have any sources or advice?

I currently have "internet" coming into a Belkin Dual-Band AC+ Router that has Ethernet cables running to the computer and the light board. (There is only 1 light board, no backup). I have String RX and TX Enabled. Obtain IP automatically unchecked, Wifi Remote Enabled, UDP Strings Check. ¿Do I need DHSP Enabled on the console?

On Phone, I'm connected wirelessly to the same network as the console (sidenote: this router has a 2.4Ghz and a 5Ghz network and I connected to the 5)

In the oscRFR app, I clicked Add Console, entered IP from console (192.168.2.4) When I click to connect I get a message saying EOS Failed in connecting using the IPAddress.

My thoughts: Is it because I can't enter a password (console name) in the app like the ETC iRFR preview app? This meaning it is not going to work?

Thanks,
Zach

Mothership
Site Admin

Re: oscRFR and EOS Element

Post by Mothership » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi Zach,

OSC was introduced in EOS version 2.3

If your console is running 2.1.2 oscRFR wont be able to connect to it.

There are a lot of great features coming out for Element in 2.6 - which is scheduled for release sometime this month. Even without the app - it would be worth upgrading the desk to get the new features.

Once you've upgraded the Element - follow the connection guide to turn on all the relevant settings.
http://www.alienstagecraft.com/connecttoeos.html

If you are having any further connection issues after that - we are always here to help you get up and running.

Best - Patrick