Crashing

Development discussion forum for the App
Gregg

Crashing

Post by Gregg » Fri May 26, 2017 4:44 pm

Last week I attempted to connect to a different master RPU on our system, ever since then I can load the app if I am offline, but if I am online the app closes when it attempts to connect. So far I have tried a simple reboot, and also reinstalling the app to no avail. The second system is no longer on the list of available consoles.

-Gregg

Mothership
Site Admin

Re: Crashing

Post by Mothership » Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 am

Hey Gregg,

We've never heard of anything like this... I guess we should start with the basics

1) What version of the App (iOS/Android)
2) Is it the most up to date version of the application?
3)What version of EOS?
4) Did anything change with the EOS OSC settings by chance?

You can email me directly - either through the website form or my personal email address.

Sorry for your troubles - we'll try to get you back up and working.

Patrick

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:05 am

Hi Patrick,

I am running the Android version of the App, since I reinstalled I assume it is the most recent release. There have been no changes to the console OSC settings. Since I did the reinstall I haven't been able to test with the second system until today, I have successfully connected to that system which is running on released V 2.5.2. The App is crashing with the system that is running V 2.6.0 beta software.

-Gregg

Mothership
Site Admin

Post by Mothership » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:39 am

Hey Gregg -

Yes - 2.6 Beta software. Andrew found that issue about a week ago. They've changed around some of the OSC code - so we were getting a number of errors.

We just pushed out an update for Android today - though I don't think it addressed this issue.

We will definitely have an updated version for both Android and iOS before 2.6 gets a release.

I'll email you when it's out - it's great to have you guys testing these things.

Thanks

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:33 pm

Thank you Patrick, I look forward to the update.

-Gregg