Skypanel Absolute FX

The place to ask general EOS programming questions. It's like asking on Facebook - but slower.
Jason L.

Skypanel Absolute FX

Post by Jason L. » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:04 pm

I'll give this question a go here.

I want to use Skypanel s60's (Mode 6) with Absolute FX triggering two colors. Basically flashing instantly from red to blue. In ML controls, Crossfade is at full for color mode.

Color Palette 1 = red
Color Palette 2 = blue

Action 1 = CP1 Dwell Time 1sec
Action 2 = CP2 Dwell Time 1sec

The S60 should snap between two colors instantly, at least that's the plan. Well it doesn't. The Skypanel seems to fade between the two colors and I can see the color picker passing through the white point as the effect runs. I tried using Presets instead, same thing. Tried a step chase, same thing.

If I do this effect with an Astera tube, it works as intended. Is there a way to get the Skypanel to behave the same way?

EOS v2.9.1
Skypanel Firmware v4.2

Mothership
Site Admin

Re: Skypanel Absolute FX

Post by Mothership » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:02 am

... No Sure. When you apply those colors manually the Skypanel snaps between the colors? That would determine that the light is good.

If it's the effect - what EOS version? Some sort of HSI colorspace issue? Honestly don't quite know.

Jason L.

Re: Skypanel Absolute FX

Post by Jason L. » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:59 pm

If you tap the CP direct selects. Yeah. It's instant.

EOS software v 2.9.x It's in Mode 6 which allows a crossfade between color mode or CCT mode. Obviously I'm in color mode. Some friends have run into the same issue.

But you can try it even without a Skypanel connected. Patch an s60 in Mode 6. Make an Absolute Effect with two color palettes. Open up a color picker window. You can watch the dot on the Color Picker fade across the white point, rather than snap between colors.

Someone suggested I use two Cues and see if adjusting the Color Path might minimize the "flash of white between colors" effect. But I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.