iPad2 issues

Development discussion forum for the App
Jason L.

iPad2 issues

Post by Jason L. » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:06 am

I've got an iPad2 (MC916LL/A) iOS 7.1.2

Downloaded and installed on my iPad directly from the app store.

I'm attaching a screenshot. Right now the screen is squished with a large red bar down the right side of the screen. If I click to change the layout to Faders, etc.. the app crashes..

Happy to help with as much feedback as I can to work out the kinks..
Attachments
OSCrfr Screenshot 1a.jpg
Red bar down right side of screen

Mothership
Site Admin

Re: iPad2 issues

Post by Mothership » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:29 am

Thanks Jason,

Gross.... What software version is your iPad 2?

Jason L.

Post by Jason L. » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:29 am

iPad2 (MC916LL/A)
iOS 7.1.2 (it was the final version of iOS 7 before iOS 8 was released) It is a non-retina OS.

Jason L.

Post by Jason L. » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:38 am

Just an update: I tried a shutdown and restart of the iPad, no change. Same red bar.

The "Focus" tab causes the app to crash. The other tabs work.

I have yet to connect to my console since the pop-up menu is all squished and I'm having a hard time understand what to enter where. I'll look at your setup page on this site and see if I can intuit my way through it on Monday..

Mothership
Site Admin

Post by Mothership » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:45 pm

Thanks,

We are on it.

janicefraser

Post by janicefraser » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi there,

We are having the same issues as Jason - we have multiple iPad 2s on our system, all running iOS 7.1.2 (we're running the older iOS intentionally, to try to avoid all the levels of authentication the new ones require). And we're seeing the same problems - the app crashing, the red bar down the side, weird formatting, etc. We were super excited about starting to use the app, so we were just wondering if you have an ETA on a fix for this problem... ;)

Thanks very much - keep up the great work!

Janice Fraser
Head Electrician
Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts
Toronto, Canada

Mothership
Site Admin

Post by Mothership » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi Janice,

Sorry for your troubles. The iPad 2 is definitely the main problem we are seeing right now. I'm trying to collect as much crash information as possible to make our little remaining developement time the most efficient it can be.

Let me ping the team and see if they could do one build that just cleans up the iPad 2 issue.

As to Authentication issues - what are those? The device needing to see a server?

Thanks,

Patrick

janicefraser

Post by janicefraser » Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi Patrick!

Thanks for your reply. The authentication stuff to which I was referring is just the Apple two-step verification for signing into the App Store and whatnot, nothing to do with your app at all. It's just the main reason we're still on an old iOS version - that way we don't have to link the account to a phone number and such.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to do a fix for the iPad 2s soon!

Thanks again,
Janice.

Mothership
Site Admin

Post by Mothership » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:07 am

Hey Janice,

I think we fixed this one. Jason actually sent his iPad 2 into the developers and they were able to use that as a test bed to find the issue. That fix should be in the latest update in the store now. I thought I emailed you guys - I'll double check.

Best